1. Who are you? Nyx
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
- I’m Pagan
- I’m Childfree
- I’m an Artist
3. When you aren’t filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing? Playing on FaceBook, Tweeting, Watching TV with N, going for Walks with N and Working.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn’t like at the time). Been a while since I was in school but I always like Art, History and Geography … wasn’t to fond of math or science in general and english was good but in high school I didn’t like my english teachers.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year? To have Norman living here on a perm basis by the end of the year, but baring that to have paying work (which I currently have for this season, beyond it I don’t yet know).
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years? I would like to be with my husband living comfortably in a home of our own, working at jobs that we both enjoy and living without debt.
7. What stage of life are you in right now? No idea what stage I’m in all I know is that I am enjoying what life I have with N and making the most of it.
8. Are you more child-like or childish? I like to think that I am more child-like then childish.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud? I love you (said it to N)
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes? Yes
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same? My life has its ups and it has its downs its a mixture of the two
13. Does time really heal all wounds? Not all no, but most yes
14. How do you handle a rainy day? like any other day, by making the most of the day in general
15. Which is worse…losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights? Lost luggage though untangling those holiday lights can take a while, but at least it doesn’t cost you time and money to get new items.
16. How is your relationship with your parents? Will you miss them when they are gone? My relationship with my folks is good and yes I will miss them when their time is pass
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you? Yes
18. What is the truest thing that you know? That everyone gets what everyone else gets, you get a lifetime.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up? An Artist
20. Have you ever been given a second chance? Yes
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker? Giver
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind? I try to do so yes
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you? Not sure if this count, but those cramps from hell that I lived with before the Hysterectomy where right up there with the worst physical pain I’ve experianced.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you? Getting raped and no one in authority believing me that it happened
25. Who have you hugged today? Norman and my Folks
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you? Norman
27. Do you have a lot to learn? Life is a learning experiance so yes I still have a lot to learn
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A Repair any car I own
B How to have enough funds to live a comfortable life while still having enough time open to devote to my passions
C no idea
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel? Depends on what takes place, but how I feel tends to be the most that I remember the fastest in many cases but not all.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship? Communication, Honesty and Laughter
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A Travel to various places around the world that have caught my attention
B n C I don’t really know since I’ve never given this any thought before
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A, B, or C to me there is nothing that is worth doing that to avoid doing something.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause? I can’t say there is any single cause that is higher then another with me, but in general getting the word out that there is more to being a woman then having a child is one thing that is close to my heart, as is helping people to understand the wolf better, and doing my part to help stop abuse at various levels when it comes to battered women and children.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
20’s: also known as “The Roaring 20s”, part of the economic boom following WWI, culminating with the stock market crash in 1929.
30’s: was part of the “Great Depression”.
Rise of the Third Rich and Germany hosts the 1936 Summer Olympics.
1939 the start of the Second World War.
Franklin D. Roosevelt is elected President of the United States in November 1932.
The German dirigible airship Hindenburg explodes in the sky above Lakehurst, New Jersey, United States on May 6, 1937.
Canada and other countries under the British Empire sign the Statute of Westminster in 1931 establishing effective parliamentary independence of Canada from the parliament of the United Kingdom.
Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was released in 1937.
The Wizard of Oz was released in 1939. The Golden Gate Bridge was constructed, opening on May 27, 1937 in San Francisco, USA.
40’s: WWII takes place (World War II [1939–1945]).
Germany and Japan suffer defeats at Stalingrad, El Alamein, and Midway in 1942 and 1943.
The United States enter World War II after the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. It would face the Empire of Japan in the Pacific War.
Establishment of the United Nations Charter (June 26, 1945) effective (October 24, 1945).
Establishment of the defense alliance NATO April 4, 1949.
50’s: The conflicts included the Korean War in the beginnings of the decade and the beginning of the Space Race with the launch of Sputnik I.
Korean War (1950–1953) – The war, which lasted from June 25, 1950 until the signing of the Korean Armistice Agreement on July 27, 1953, started as a civil war between North Korea and the Republic of Korea (South Korea).
NORAD signed in 1959 by Canada and the United States creating a unified North American aerial defense system.
The United States conducts its first hydrogen bomb explosion test.
60’s: The Troubles in Northern Ireland began with the rise of the Civil Rights movement in the mid 60s, the conflict continued into the later 90s.
The Vietnam War (1955–1975)
On February 15, 1965, the new maple leaf flag was adopted in Canada, after much acrimonious debate known as the Great Flag Debate.
In 1960, the Canadian Bill of Rights becomes law, and Universal suffrage, the right for any Canadian citizen to vote, is finally adopted by John Diefenbaker’s Progressive Conservative government. The new election act allows first nations people to vote for the first time.
The Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union would dominate the 1960s. The Soviets sent the first man, Yuri Gagarin, into outer space during the Vostok 1 mission on 12 April 1961 and scored a host of other successes, but by the middle of the decade the US was taking the lead. In May 1961, President Kennedy set for the United States the goal of a manned spacecraft landing on the Moon by the end of the decade.
1960 – The female birth control contraceptive, the pill, was released in the United States after Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval.
1967 – First heart transplantation operation by Professor Christiaan Barnard in South Africa.
1960 – The first working laser was demonstrated in May by Theodore Maiman at Hughes Research Laboratories.
1962 – First trans-Atlantic satellite broadcast via the Telstar satellite.
1962 – The first computer video game, Spacewar!, is invented.
1963 – The first geosynchronous communications satellite, Syncom 2 is launched.
1963 – First trans-Pacific satellite broadcast via the Relay 1 satellite.
1963 – Touch-Tone telephones introduced.
1963 – Video recorder The Nottingham Electronic Valve company produces the first home video recorder called the “Telcan”.
1964 – The first successful Minicomputer, Digital Equipment Corporation’s 12-bit PDP-8, is marketed.
1964 – The programming language BASIC was created.
1967 – PAL and SECAM broadcast color TV systems start publicly transmitting in Europe.
1967 – The first Automatic Teller Machine is opened in Barclays Bank, London.
1968 – The first public demonstration of the computer mouse, the paper paradigm Graphical user interface, video conferencing, teleconferencing, email, and hypertext.
1969 – Arpanet, the research-oriented prototype of the Internet, was introduced.
1969 – CCD invented at AT&T Bell Labs, used as the electronic imager in still and video cameras.
The symbolic birth of the gay rights movement would not come until the decade had almost come to a close. Gays were not allowed by law to congregate together. Gay establishments such as the Stonewall Inn in New York City were routinely raided by the police to arrest gay people. On a night in late June 1969, LGBT people resisted, for the first time, a police raid, and rebelled openly in the streets. This uprising called the Stonewall Riots began a new period of the LGBT rights movement that in the next decade would cause dramatic change both inside the LGBT community and in the mainstream American culture.
In a widely anticipated and publicized event, The Beatles arrive in America in February 1964, spearheading the British Invasion.
The Mary Poppins Original Soundtrack tops record charts. Sherman Brothers receive Grammys and double Oscars.
Walt Disney, owner of Walt Disney Co. died on December 15, 1966 from a major tumor in his left lung.
In the UK, Doctor Who appeared on TV for the first time on 23 November 1963. The series has entered the Guinness book of world records as the longest-running television show to date.
70’s: the time frame that I was born into
80’s: when I did many if my first’s and couldn’t wait to grow up but at the same time was scared to do so
90’s: annoying music, high school and feeling like an adult among my peers
2000 (so far): becoming an adult, finishing college and university and trying to fly on my own two wings. Getting married to Norman and in short learning more about who I am as a person.
2010’s: a year of frustrations on so many different fronts.
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why? Can’t think of any particular decade that i feel connected to
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song? I can’t say there is just one song, since there are many songs from various decades that I enjoy for various reasons (though songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s hold a particular place in my heart for various reasons).
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country? Canada and our PM is still Stephan Harpper of the Conservatives
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be? What in the world where you thinking making those statments when you came into power?
38. What’s your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night? No idea since the TV tends to be by default on TLC or Discovery
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why? Can’t think of a single villain that I am like then again I’m having trouble thinking of villains from disney to start with.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout? No
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat? Flying is great as is taking a boat, for me it would depend on where I was going and the cost invovled as to which would be more cost effective to do so.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night? ::looks at a science text book closes it and shakes my head:: not going there
43. What does your name mean? Depends on what language you are speaking it in .. Greek it means Goddess of the Night, in one of the african languages its Goddess of the Light
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space? Part of me says Outer Space, the other part says the Ocean to me both would be interesting spaces to explore.
45. Word association – What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Deserve: draws a blank
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be? only person I can think of would be Chief Dan George
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive? I have no idea
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday? There are many movies that I like to watch time and time again, but nun of them could I watch day in and day out forever.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do? Go crazy, or at least be really upset, scared and likely dead from hyperglicemia
50. Have you ever saved someone’s life or had your life saved? Not that I am aware of, though I think my dad did save my life a couple times (one when I was a tot and walked into my aunts pool)
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words…
Fruitgoogle: A fruit search engine
Ambytime: A waste of time
Asscactus: A poisonuss captus
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands? various things, from cooking dinner to drawing images/com badges.
53. What was your favorite toy as a child? Buttercup
54. How many TV’s are in your house? 2
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Walk
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow? I enjoy the beauty of it
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true? yes several times
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader? Yes
59. What is your idea of paradise? A home in the country with N and our pups with enough funds to keep us going and safe for years on end without issue – I guess.
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like? Not as a singular basis not, but as a dualality yes as to what they are like to me they are like everyone else each with their own personality and area of specilities that they over see.
61. Do you believe in Hell? No
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven’t? No idea, never really thought about it or looked into it for that matter
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done? I have no idea, I’ve dun many things that people say are kind (from holding doors open, to giving up my seat to another. Truth is I can’t name just one thing because i’ve dun many things without thinking that others found helped them.
64. Are you a patient person? Yes
65. What holiday should exist but doesn’t? Mabon, Yule, Samhain, etc
66. What holiday shouldn’t exist but does? Family Day (its one of those days that does no good and is aimed at families with children if you don’t have a kid well its just another day that you either have to work over time to cover your coworkers who do have kids so are taking advantage of the holiday or hole up in your home to keep out of the way of the activies that might well drive you nuts)
67. What’s the best joke you ever heard? Can’t think of a single one
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been? Isle of Man
69. Is your hair natural or dyed? Natural
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front? I’m fairly open about everything in my life
71. What is under your bed right now? Boxes of clothing and toys
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home? Go home
73. If you drive do you frequently speed? Unfortunatly it does happen from time to time that I go 3 to 5 km over the limit.
74. What is the world’s best song to dance to? I don’t know, though there are a few good tunes out there for dancing to in general
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone? I have no idea
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers? WB
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo? Wolf every single time
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic? No
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off? No, but if it stopped moving life on this planet wouldn’t last long before we died off from one natural desator or another taking place.
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it? I don’t know it would depend on what it was and what options there was to make to keep it, some things are just not worth it in the end.
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick? well since there is freedom of religion I would choose that to be what could be lost, because they can tell you what to “believe” but they can’t make you believe it in your heart of hearts.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole? North Pole (then again I am in Canada and I have been close to the Yukon and enjoyed it greatly.
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television? Well have prity much given up listening to music and traded it in for TV as it is.
84. What do you think makes someone a hero? We’re all heros in our own little way to one person or another
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?Scooby Doo
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach: The idea of giving birth or having to change a dirty diper
87. What was the last thing you paid for? Dinner
88. Are you a coupon clipper? Yes
89. Get anything good in the mail recently? Nothing as yet no
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class…dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling? since one of the options for Gym class was dancing and I did take it, I’d choose it again in a heart beat (though in truth I rather swim then dance).
91. In Star Trek people ‘beam’ back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person’s memories. So is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends? If you follow that methology of thinking then no the person would not be the same person that started the journey … but if you follow the methodoogy that ST layed out then yes the person is the same person.
92. What insects are you afraid of? Fire Ants
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say? Born to be who I am
94. What’s the most eccentric thing you have ever worn? Shrugs, can’t say because I don’t know
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be? Ouch touch call I haven’t really got a clue since there are several foods Id like to be able to eat that wouldn’t add on the pounds. One of them is Chinese BBQ Ribs but if I chose that the sodium and other issues would get me since all the question addressed was weight, not the health of the product on your system or life. So there are many such items I’d like to eat without side effects other then weight gain.
96. What are your parents interested in? Dad’s interested in history of anchent cultures such as Egypt mom the same only its mostly towards the celtic side of things.
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet? Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal? No to either part.
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans? Well wishes help you dream of better things to come or be, and plans help you get those wishes or dreams so both are helpful to me in their own fashion.
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest? When I am doing something that I love and enjoy in life.
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring? Half Decent Sleeping Bag, Waterproof Matches and Canteen with Water purification filter.