Well yesterday was an interesting day in and of itself. Spent almost 8 hours over at a clients place constulting an getting a used mac, then getting the used mac, and then setting it up. What a night mare, it was to get it conected to their ISP. A ISP doesn’t support Mac’s no supprise there, no help eithor. Neadless ta say its up and running and contecting as it should be. But it took me almost 3 hours of fidelling around with the conections, IP codes, and the like to get it online.
Also on the Mac front, Macintosh Sisters is continue to grow in membership and site size. Minor glitches and the like not width standing. I’m pleased that things are picking up with the group, and what not, now to get more member involvement and things will be great. 🙂
Oh I also got this little humor posting that i though was really nice …
You Know your are living in 2003 because…
1. Your reason for not staying in touch with family is because they do not have e-mail.
2. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
3. Your grandmother asks you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
4. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
5. Every commercial on television has a web site address at the bottom of the screen.
6. You buy a computer and 3 months later it’s out of date and sells for half the price you paid.
7. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go get it.
8. Using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase would be a hassle and take planning.
9. You just tried to enter your password on the microwave!
10. You consider second-day air delivery painfully slow.
11. Your dining room table is now your flat filing cabinet.
12. Your idea of being organized is multiple-coloured Post-it notes.
13. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.
14. You get an extra phone line so you can get phone calls. (DSL or cable modem solves this problem!)
15. You disconnect from the Internet and get this awful feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
16. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.
17. You wake up at 2 AM to go to the bathroom and check your e-mail on your way back to bed.
18. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. 🙂
19. You’re reading this and nodding and laughing.
20. Even worse; you know exactly who you are going to forward this to!
Well I like it, and i found myself noding to it a lot.