Sighs, well still trying to wrap my head around the whole Fibromyalgia thing that I was told I have on Tuesday (October 18th 2016).
It still seems a little unreal to degrees, like really two years of 24/7 pain that only ever went to a low level but never away fully. Popping Advil as necessary just to try and get a little sleep (a extra hour if lucky).
I do NOT like the fact that there has to me medication in my life, that I have to take medication (be it insulin or what have you), I can’t speak for others but I DON’T LIKE TAKING MEDICATION! I just don’t (don’t think many people really do actually).
I’ve a LOT of things going though my head since Tuesday, going over things that have happened over the past several years and that have just gone hyper since my moms death (but where already there before hand).
Looking at the Fibromyalgia from the Arthritis Society of Canada just has be shaking my head to various degrees and going oi oi oi oi connect the dotes – yet not all are connected of course because like all conditions some things just don’t apply (no big news there).
Some of the things i totally wouldn’t connect or have even thought about because to me they are what they are…
* Apparently cravings for carbohydrate and chocolate is a possible sign, well I don’t tend to have a carb craving but there are times that my chocolate craving goes though the blasted roof and I take a LOT of will power just to NOT buy it.
* Headaches & migraines are suppose to be another sign, yet like all things it can be common in other conditions so not in and of itself meaning anything what so ever.
* Pain that ranges from mild to severe, and may move around the body – oh bleep yes, this is something I have been dealing with on and off since University though its only gotten to my breaking point this past year (last time it was close to this bad was around 2009 before my hysterectomy and one of the reasons for it).
* Morning stiffness, ummm no idea what other conditions also have this but this is something I’ve been dealing with since my youth but ya its gotten worse over the past 2 years to the point that it never goes away 🙁
* Muscle twitches – I’ve had this since a child, big time in my leg always bouncing around then it went away only to come back with a vengeance in 2003 and slowly get worse as the years have processed to the point its now not just my leg but my arm/hand etc.
* Difficulty speaking known words, other language impairments (dysphasia) – yes yes oh so yes, been going though this and getting worse for the past year and it has been SO BLEEPING frustrating to say the least and making me feel really really stupid!
* Poor balance and coordination – again something that has been getting worse for the past year to the point that I can fall over just by standing still for no apparent reason.
* Confusion – ya I’ve had this on and off but not really put much thought into it about anything (as in didn’t really worry about it).
* Trouble concentrating – ya this is annoying big time when wonting to work on something and totally not being able to stick my brain into gear to do so.
* Difficulty learning new information – nothing new, been like this since i was a child so its nothing new to me
* Staring into space before brain “kicks in” – not had this much but on occasion of late its happened
* Sensitivity to odors – nothing new I’ve been sensitive to odors most of my life only its gotten worse the older I’ve gotten
* Sensitivity to pressure changes, temperature & humidity – this is something that I have noticed over the past several months being the case.
* Sensitivity to light – not so much, but it is at times for no rhyme or reason
* Sensitivity to noise – bleep yes, this is something that has been a issue for year and only been getting worse as the time has passed
* Sensory overload – this is something that I have started to notice happening A LOT over the past 6 months more then then in the past (which it did happen, but not so much or so often as it has been)
* Allergies – nothing new there, other then it seems I’m becoming more sensitive to things as I get older
* Earaches & itchy ears – for the past 6 months yes this is something that has become VERY annoying!
* Light and/or broken sleep pattern with unrefreshing sleep – been dealing with this since university
* Fatigue – on and off, and even when I am feeling tired I try to not pay it any attention
* Sleep starts (falling sensations, also called myoclonic jerks) – yes have this on occasion when watching Norman play on the Xbox, use to have it when driving in the car as a passenger, I’d be watching or doing nothing really and next thing my neck would be snapping back up.
* Twitchy muscles at night – yes, use to happen a LOT as a child but then went away and in 2003 it started up again with vengeance
* Menstrual problems – one of the many reasons why I ended up having a hysterectomy
* PMS or extremely painful periods (as an overlapping condition) – see above answer
* Loss of sex drive – never had one so no idea
* Bloating & nausea – ya have this on occasion
* Abdominal cramps – again one of the reasons for the hysterectomy
* Pelvic pain – see above
* Irritable bowel syndrome (as an overlapping condition) – only when I have dairy, gluten and a few other items that I avoid
* Panic attacks – I don’t think I have this, but its a possibility but not 100% sure on the matter
* Depression (as an overlapping condition) – Id say I don’t but the reality is I think I do have it to various degrees
* Tendency to cry easily – of late yes this has become a annoying thing
* Mood swings – yes, but I always put it up to PCOS or Glucose levels (and many times its nothing to do with glucose since I do check and am normal)
* Unaccountable irritability – yes
* Bruising or scarring easily – this is something that Norman would ask me about a LOT when working and he’d see me covered in bruises and I’d have 0 idea where they came from
* Tissue overgrowth (non-cancerous tumors called lipomas, ingrown hairs, heavy and splitting cuticles, adhesions, skin tags) – I have skin tags that are annoying but not so much the rest that I am aware of.
So as you can see there are a few things that seem to lead to a yes, but still trying to get my head around all of IT!
Post more shortly, take care everyone!