2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It’s crucial to my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice when you are speaking to me.
6. Be aware of how you treat me. I will never forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me; I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being un-cooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, or I’ve been out in the sun too long.
9.Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Everything is better if you are there.
Remember that I love you.