1. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you take me as your pup.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It’s crucial to my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice when you are speaking to me.
6. Be aware of how you treat me. I will never forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me; I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being un-cooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, or I’ve been out in the sun too long.
9.Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Everything is better if you are there.
Remember that I love you.