|Colour Therapy Techniques
Colour Therapy for the Chakras
There are seven chakras in our body. They control our emotions, mental attitudes that can cause or reflect and imbalance within that particular center. The first step in colour healing through chakras is to determine which chakra is out of balance. This can be determine by a self evaluation of our condition and comparing it with a chart of the chakras such as given elsewhere. Once we determine the chakra(s) most likely to have been adversely affected, we can then take measures to correct them. colour therapy is simple and effective in this process.
colours can be used to balance and strengthen the chakras on a daily basis. One way of doing this is through colour breathing. Another method is through making coloured slides and sitting in front of a slide projector while the colour is projected upon us.
One of the easiest ways of accomplishing this is with simple coloured swatches of fabrics. Felt or other cloth squares can be found in all the colours of the rainbow. They can be used to balance the seven chakras. This is an inexpensive tool for quick daily chakra therapy and colour healing.
Once we have acquired the necessary tools, here is a very simple method of balancing our chakras:
Correcting Chakras Which are Out of Balance
1. Select a quiet place where you will not be disturbed for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
2. Lie down on your back on the floor or on your bed. Have seven cloth swatches corresponding to the rainbow colours with you (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet), one for each of the seven major chakras.
3. Close your eyes and relax. Take several slow, deep breaths.
4. As you begin to relax, look back over the day’s events, in reverse order. Start with the moment you laid down and review the day backward until the moment you woke up.
5. Identify the major emotions and attitudes that you experienced or were exposed to in other people. What chakras were most likely to have been affected by them? Use the table if necessary.
6. When you have completed this evaluation, take the colour swatches for the chakra(s) you have identified, and lay them on the part of the body associated with the chakra.
7. As you lie there, with the colour swatch upon your chakra point, visualize the colour being absorbed and drawn through the chakra and into the body. Let your awareness focus on the fact that, as you lie there, the chakra is being balanced, along with all organs and systems of the body associated with it.
8. Take several deep breaths, focusing on drawing the colour through the swatch into the chakra and restoring balance. Continue this for three to five minutes, or until you feel it is balanced.
Repeat these steps with any and all other chakra you have determined may be out of balance.
Full Chakra colour Therapy
Now that we have balanced all chakras, that were unbalanced, we need to strengthen all the chakras with colour therapy. This is how we do this:
1. Place all seven colour swatches upon the chakra points of the body.
2. Breathe deeply and simply allow your body to absorb the rainbow energies.
3. As you lie there and breathe in the colours, let your awareness focus on the fact that each chakra is being strengthened, balanced, and harmonized with the others. Know, feel and experience that your entire energy system is strengthening. Feel yourself coming into complete balance. Know that all of the physiological aspects of your body are being balanced and healed as you absorb these colours through your chakra centers.
4. Leave the swatches on for five to ten minutes or until you feel yourself fully balanced, charged, and aligned.