>Out with the old. In with the New
1. What is one of your most memorable moments in diabetes for 2010?
Working a 12 hour shift without a break and when shift was over testing to find that I was sitting at 3.2 (57), I have no idea how I got though the day without food, I know I was sipping at a large coffee that I had gotten before work started (McDs coffee 0 cream 2 sugar). Some how it kept me going (even though I still had over half left by the end of the shift).
I vowed never again to allow myself to work that long without a break, clients liking it or not. I’m not doing that again to myself its not safe and next time I might make it home under my own power, next time it might be a trip to the ER or worse.
2. If you could use one word to describe your diabetes for 2010, what would it be?
3. Do you set goals for diabetes management before the new year starts? If so, what are your goals?
My primary goal each year is to get a better A1C then I had in the previous year, which means getting my glucose under better control
4. For 2011: What are some of the things we can do in the diabetes community to insure our voices are heard offline beyond WDD and Diabetes Awareness month?
I am sure there are many things that can be dun to make sure our voices are herd outside of those two deals, such as blogging about ones experiances attending meet ups and in general talking to those you know about it to give them more awareness.
5. What is the one thing you are looking forward to in 2011? -diabetes related.
I actually can’t think of anything in the year to come that I am looking forwards to that is D related. Less you count having better glucose control, though if I’ll have that in the year to come is another matter, I’d like to have it but only time tells if i will or wont.