1 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flaked coconut
2 cups quick cooking oats
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. Cream shortening and sugars in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
3. Mix together flour, soda and salt.
4. Add mixture of flour, soda and salt gradually; mixing well after each addition.
5. Stir in coconut and oats.
6. Shape into 1 inch balls.
7. Place 2″ apart on greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.